Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Girls' Weekend 2010--San Diego, CA!!!!

So this year for our annual "Girls' Weekend" with my roommates from Pocatello, we decided to go to San Diego, CA. We had so much fun. My camera died like the first day and I brought two extra batteries but my camera needs four so I didn't get half the pictures I wanted. Oh well. We had so much fun.

We went to a nearby outdoor shopping area that had a ton of little shops, places to eat, etc. This guy was there.
We went on a SEAL tour. This thing drove on the street but it also goes in the water (I can't remember what it's called...an amphibious vehicle or something like that maybe?) We went out and saw all sorts of sea lions and stuff.
Our captain and his 1st mate

Me, Jayne Ann (in blue), and Jennifer (in brown)
A submarine coming up out of the water. There was a Naval base close by.

Tyler--our tour guide...he was a little odd...

It looked like it was posing for us
Local drug smugglers :) They were actually probably just unloading or something but I thought Eric would appreciate this picture

Our little friend

A dolphin at the Naval base. They use the dolphins to help them and I can't remember what for but this is where they keep them and train them.
He kept following us around and wouldn't leave us alone until I took a picture with him ;) haha
Sea World
Shamu--this was one of the coolest shows I've ever seen! It was awesome!


Waving "hi"






A bird trying to get to Shamu's food!

Splashing the crowd







The sharks were swimming above us. We were in a tunnel. Kinda freaky but really cool!



Penguins!!

We also went to the beach, to a movie "Letters to Juliet", shopping, and just relaxed! We also got to watch the local police arrest drunk drivers and whatever else they were looking for. They set up a little detour right outside our hotel so we ate dinner and watched that for a while. Small town girls getting entertainment from that!

No comments: