Saturday, November 29, 2008

Homemade Christmas (a little picture heavy so please bare with me)

This year when I brought up to my husband that I needed to go buy some Christmas decorations, Rohbi piped in and said that we should make them this year so that is what we have decided to do. I love Christmas!!! Again, these decorations are another idea I stole from someone else. I'm not very creative. I'm not finished yet and I still have a lot of work to do. I'm also making the angel to go on the top of the tree but I haven't finished that one yet. I did buy a few decorations. When we were younger, my parents bought us collectible ornaments every year so this year I bought Rohbi one. I also bought one for Eric and I for our first Christmas together and one that says "When someone you love becomes a memory the memory becomes a treasure" and I bought that one for Gunnar, the baby we lost this September. Anyway, here are those decorations:

These ones I made out of applesauce, glue, and cinnamon. They smell so good! As you can tell, I'm not an artist so please just ignore the artwork! :)
These ones, I actually popped the popcorn inside of the ornaments and then I'm going to decorate them. Rohbi and I had a ball with these!


These you can't see very well but I just put tinsel inside of them. Pretty simple!

While I was at it, I decided to make as many gifts this year as I could. I'll post some of them but some of them I won't because they are gifts for people who might read this post. Anyway, here they are!
These are pictures of a calendar I'm going to put together for my mom and Rohbi's grandma Jean (on her dad's side). Again, I'm not even close to being an artist so ignore the artwork but we had a lot of fun with this. I got this idea from http://www.littlegiraffes.com/handprintcalendar.html.























I've also got a lot to do and I have a lot that are done but like I said, I'm afraid someone might read this post and see their gifts on here so I'm not posting a lot of them.

5 comments:

Laura Barrett said...

How cute are all those things?! I love them! Looks like you guys had a good time doing that. I can't wait until Joe gets big enough to appreciate things like that and then we can make them too...we'll have to copy your ideas!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

you are so great, what fun times you are having! the calendar is just darling.....love the hands. that will be something to teasure forever, maybe you should keep one. glad that you are saving money and having a good time at the same time.

Coombs Family said...

Amber, how cute are you?! Looks like you've been having fun! Glad you have a blog! How was your Thanksgiving? Keep in touch!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

I am so mad you didn't tell me you have a blog!! I will add you to my list immediately. Way cute decorations, they look like fun.

Lacey said...

I am impressed. Just thinking about making homemade ornaments makes me tired. They turned out adorable!