Monday, March 30, 2009

My baby is 6 years old!!!

Time flies so fast! I still remember the day that I had her and will never let her live down the fact that she almost killed me (literally) lol but she has been such a blessing in our lives and has such a strong personality. She is so amazingly strong. She has been through a lot in her short life but has come out on top! Happy birthday baby girl!!!

So we decided to do two different birthdays. We did the friend one from 11-2 and they had fun playing games, eating pizza, and eating cake. I think I would have gone crazy with 8 six year olds running around my house so we decided to do it at a little fast food restaurant here in Grace. They have a little banquet room where we can lock the kids in and let them run to their content. The birthday party didn't really have a theme. I guess we kind of did it more along the lines of princess. I went onto Bettycrocker.com and found an idea for a Barbie cake so this is how the cake turned out. Now remember that I am a professional cake decorator (with a huge hint of sarcasm) so of course it turned out great! Right? :) Actually it turned out pretty crappy and crooked but she didn't know the difference.








Duck, duck, goose


Expelling some energy...geez I wish I could bottle up some of that so I could use it when I don't have the energy to do something!



We ended up with one extra. One of the girls' mom asked if they could bring their son by for just a short time. He was so much fun that we invited him to stay for the whole party! He jumped right in to play the princess games. The crown he is wearing is a king crown, not a tiara. He even knew the answer to some of the trivia questions I threw out there to them. It was cute!
After her friend birthday, we had a family birthday. We enjoyed visiting with family and Rohbi loved the presents she got from her aunts and cousins. She also recieved a card from Aunt Shelly with a nice surprise in it! Thanks guys!


The boa and the sleeping bag came all the way from Arizona from her Grammy and Poppy Bates. They are so good to remember her birthday and she was so excited to see what they sent her this time. My mother-in-law is so good at sewing! She sends Rohbi a pillow case for every holiday. Thank you Sharon!

Grandma LaRee and Grandpa Kirt bought her a porcelain doll. It is a fairy and Rohbi was so excited!
Do you see anything that doesn't belong? Xoe cannot resist the urge to explore anything that is out of the ordinary! She's obsessed with boxes and enjoyed her share of boxes on Rohbi's birthday!
Of course we can't forget Grandma and Grandpa Gould! They couldn't make it for Rohbi's birthday because Bruce's mom had a massive heart attack and passed away, so they made a rush trip to Wyoming to take care of things there. Our thoughts are with them. We love you guys!
Thanks everyone for the gifts and cards! Rohbi loved her gifts and had a great birthday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The barbie doll cake looks great! OK, so my mom made me a barbie doll cake when I was little. I don't know if Eric remembers this or not, but my mom would make super fun cakes for us when we were really little. Even though our birthday fell on the same day, she would make 2 cakes, one for each of us! It was awesome and I loved it! Happy Birthday Rohbi!

ameliaharris99 said...

I can't believe she is 6! Your cake does look great! Looks like she had a great time!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

look at all of that loot....looks like a great time, but what i noticed the most is how beautiful you look in the photo. love the hair and wow...look how thin you are. hottie with a naughty body!

Coombs Family said...

Happy Birthday Rohbi!
(That cake looks great Amber!)

The life of Jayne said...

The cake looks awesome!! How fun!!

Leanne Harrop said...

HI Amber, Hope you dont mind me reading your blog :)
Kandis and I were wondering if any of our cousins had blogs. I dont have one. She does. I think your hair looks so cute on you!
I hope this is a good way to get to know you better.
-Leanne