Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas In Heaven

I've been really struggling lately with losing Gunnar. I'm so excited for Christmas because I love this time of year but I've been dreading it at the same time. Christmas day will be the 3 month anniversary of us losing Gunnar. I miss him so much. Anyway, I was getting my visiting teaching lesson together and was looking for a Christmas poem to read to kind of incorporate Christmas into the lesson and I stumbled across this poem on the internet. I don't even remember the site I found it on but it is such a beautiful poem and I fell in love with it. Of course by the time I was finished reading it, I was bawling. But I thought I would share it.

Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
with tiny lights like heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular please wipe away that tear
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
but the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring
for it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I can't tell you of the splendor or the peace here in this place
Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask him to lift your spirit as I tell you of your love so
then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing
for I am spending Christmas in heaven and I'm walking with the King.

Wanda Bencke

3 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

I LOVE THAT POEM, IT JUST FITS PERFECT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW. I JUST HOPE THAT YOU ARE DOING WELL AND THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WITH YOUR LITTLE FAMILY. I MIGHT SHARE THAT POEM WITH JEN ANDERSON, SHE JUST LOST HER BROTHER AND SIS IN LAW AND FRIEND IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN THE CANYON A WEEK OR SO AGO. TWO CHILDREN SERVIVED, BUT WHAT A HARD TIME TO LOOSE FAMILY AND LOVED ONES. (I THINK THAT YOU MIGHT REMEMBER CURTIS AND TAMI, THEY HUNG AT THE MALL AND WITH GREG A BIT!)

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

That poem really is beautiful and true. Can you imagine?
Love ya,
Aubree

Amelia said...

The poem was beautiful, I'm so sorry to hear your hurting. If you ever need some one to talk or just hang out with... I'm always here! I love ya to pieces, hope you have a good Christmas. :)