Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oregon Coast/Girls Weekend 2009!

I know a few of you have already seen these pictures on Facebook but bear with me because there are others who haven't seen them. I'm not going to give you a big long schpeel on what we did but I will give you the basics of our trip! We had an amazing time and it was so beautiful up there!!! We flew into Portland where we met up with Jayne Ann. Saturday, we headed to Tillamook and spent some time at the cheese factory and then over to Cape Meares to see the lighthouse. After that, we headed to Lincoln City, where we got a hotel room that opened up right onto the beach. Sunday, we did a little shopping then headed back to Salem where we headed up to Silverton and went to see Silver Falls. We had a ton of fun along the way! Lots of laughs, memories, and fun!


This is so weird! This is giant asparagus!!! I guess it is supposed to be decorative because it was in a flower garden.

Jayne Ann

Jennifer

Me

Tillamook Cheese Factory

On the way over to Cape Meares



Giant slug!!!!! So disgusting!

Kinda looks like a scene from Twilight doesn't it? It seemed like that all weekend :)

Cape Meares...on the way up to the "Octopus Tree"

The Octopus Tree (Sitka Spruce)

These next pictures don't give the actual scenery justice! It was so pretty and green up there!







The lighthouse



On the way to Lincoln City

2 comments:

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so beautiful! I love being in the mountains or by a body of water when it's all rainy or foggy! That slug is so big and gross! I can't believe they get that big!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How pretty the places you went! Looks like you had a great vacation. Lucky you...By the way, you look great!